dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  I have ten years experienced to handle patients of different specialities inc;uding Urology.

Doctor, I had a TURP on 26/4/16 in Dubbo Pvt Hosp. and

Customer Question

Hello Doctor,
I had a TURP on 26/4/16 in Dubbo Pvt Hosp. and I am still passing blood. Is this normal as it has been just over 3 weeks now. The Dr that performed the Op is out of the country at the moment and cannot be contacted.
Thank you
Michael Perring
Category: Urology
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...After TURP this is normal to have small amount of blood in urine.Around a week or two after operation amount of blood may increase as scab on prostate fall off .It is usually advised to have plenty of fluids to wash urine and clot .But if blood amount is quite high in Urine and same high amount persist for more than 48 hours than you should go ro ER .Regards ***** ***** luck .Please rate my answer as good service .Thanks .
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.
Are you there ....