Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I am 51 year old female and been in menopause 2

Customer Question

i am 51 year old female and been in menopause for about 2 years now.and having alot of issues with it..for over 2 years been haveing reaccuring bladder infections..found out i have atrophic vaginitis..which she said can cause bladder issues..so i just got put on a estrace vaginal cream in hopes it helps with bladder infections..but i still ahve blood in my urine..but cant see it by the naked eye..and she said its only alittle...i went to a uro doc about 2 years ago and she did a clean urine sample with a cath which about killed me..she said it came back fine..but i did not go back to get any further testing..does this mean i could have bladder cancer or jsut from the menopause and the bladder infection i keep haivng
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.
did you have a cystoscopy?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
all i had was i guess she put a cath in she called it to get a clean urine to test it..and she said it came back good..but she was so rude and it hurts me so bad becasue i was so raw and irrated form the hormone issues i guess that it made me yell alittle abit and think i imbarrssed her so she got snappy with me but i had never had it done before so i did not go back
For blood in the urine you should always have a cystothis is where they look into the bladder and ureters with a scope
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
well after she did the clean urine thing when she gave me the results she said there wasnt blood in it at that time..so not sure what that means..and my new gyno i am seeign jsut did a urine sample seen blood in it and said she is ahving it sent out for more analizis..so not sure what to do...all i know is i dont wnat another cath..unless im alseep never felt so much pain..
okay that is good thenthat makes sense
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
so if she didnt see blood in the clean urine then it should be okay then?and maybe it is jsut this hormone thing..casue soc said when in meno then walls are thin and not much mositure and that the friction form intercourse can casue bladder issues
yes, that is correctand yes it is probably hormones