Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

Last week, I've been experiencing: Urge to urinate

Customer Question

For the last week, I've been experiencing:
Urge to urinate and when I do it takes it a little time for it to expel. Then, after going I feel as if I have to go again. There is some burning sensation as well. NO pain.
I just went in yesterday to have a urine test and it all came back normal.
Is this a UTI that possibly wasn't detected in the urine test?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for this questionThis is likely not a urinary tract infection but something called interstitial cystitisThis is a condition of bladder spasmit is treated with a medication called elmironAsk your PCP to refer you to a urologistlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)If you have more questions, just reply