Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I was reading about your answers to another question on

Customer Question

Hi, I was reading about your answers to another question on here which is similar to something I am experiencing. I am a 27 year old male, sexually active, but have recently been experiencing almost constant gential arousal, with the occasional impending feeling as though I am about to orgasm, although I have not done so yet spontaneously. The first time I experienced this was on a long haul flight, where I was sat down for some time, and I hadn't masturbated in a couple of days. I put it down to that, and dealt with it later. However, recently I have experienced it again, and this time, masturbation didn't make the feeling go away, and now his is leading to a degree of anxiety because I fear I mate ejaculate spontaneously in public, and his anxiety seems to be making the feeling more intense. What could you advise? Thank you
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. Do you have any history of anxiety? How long you have these symptoms? You are taking any medication?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No history of anxiety and on no medication. These symptoms first started around 4 weeks ago

Thanks for the details and coming back to me. Do you have any recent back injury? Any erection with the feeling of about to orgasm?Any ither symptoms such as facial flushing, feeling high blood pressure, any headache? Are you able to ejaculate normally and do you have any history of premature ejaculation?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. Sorry for the delayed response. I wasn't notified of your reply. I have no recent back injury, and no erection with the feeling of about to orgasm. the only other symptoms, or at least the thing that seems to make the situation worse is if I need to urinate, but I can urinate and still feel the sensation afterwards, albeit less than before. This made me thing it could be prostate related. I can ejacukate normally on my own and with my partner, and have no history of premature ejaculation. The other thing worth noting perhaps is that I'm in a long distance relationship, and this feeling is strongest on the day before or the day leading up to seeing each other. This made me thing that I mate just be sexually excited to see my partner, but I do experience it at other times too, and it's making me quite anxious. The anxiety then makes the situation worse and I snowball into an almost panic like state. Thanks for your help so far