Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  Board certified Internist

I have some burning when my urine comes out and have noticed

Customer Question

I have some burning when my urine comes out and have noticed aslight pinkish color on the tp.
JA: OK. The Urologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: This has only been present for a couple of days. I am 60 years old. I am thinking maybe a urinary track infection, but am going in for a urine sample test this afternoon.
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast. Is there anything else the Urologist should be aware of?
Customer: nothing else.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Urethral irritation from sexual activity or masturbation can cause such symptoms commonly. However, bacterial infection is also possible.Urinalysis should rule that out. if no infection, then over the counter pyridium tablets and plenty of fluids should help with the burning sensation. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: