Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  Board certified Internist
23744323

I had a TURP procedure 10 months ago and I just started playing

Customer Question

I had a TURP procedure 10 months ago and I just started playing tennis a couple of weeks ago. After a tennis practice today, I noticed I was bleeding at urinating. How serious is this and how can I handled it?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This can be due to the rupture of the blood vessel around prostate gland. Can occur from strenuous activities sometimes. If you are on aspirin or any blood thinner that also can contribute to it. Avoid any blood thinning medications for now. Please see your doctor also for urinalysis. Usually the bleeding stops within a day or two.Plenty of fluids and rest recommended meanwhile. Heavy persistent bleeding may require hemostatic medication or procedure sometimes. That will require urgent evaluation by a urologist in ER. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/