Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  Board certified Internist
23744323

I have redness and sore meatus. It looks pretty normal in

Customer Question

I have redness and sore meatus. It looks pretty normal in the mornings and gets worse as the day goes on
JA: OK. The Urologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: It started a week ago with a tingling feeling in urethra opening and I didn't thi k anything of it. A week later the feeling was more noticeable and painful at times. No pain during urination and no discharge. My doctor initially thought a yeast infection and I've been applying nystatin cream for 2 1/2 days
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast. Is there anything else the Urologist should be aware of?
Customer: I have been having unprotected sex with my gf for the last 2 months but she has no symptoms
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Bacterial infection also possible.You need urinalysis and culture first.A urethral swab also should be checked for yeast infection.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/