Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice
Experience:  I have 14 years experience in Family Practice which includes the treatment of most co

I have had a fever and felt bad days. I was peeing

Customer Question

I have had a fever and felt bad for three days. I was peeing every hour and it hurt even though not much came out. It does not hurt now but not sure what up. If I have to pee I can't stop it from starting.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 5 months ago.
Hello!It sounds that you have a urinary tract infection.You need to see a doctor about this since there is not any true over the counter antibiotic..The FEVER increases the urgency to get diagnosed and started on treatment..If a KIDNEY infection then you may need an ORAL antibiotic for a course of 14 days with a follow up check at the completion of the antibiotic..If you have a PROSTATE infection then you may need a 30 day course of antibiotic with a follow up check upon completion...You need an antibiotic however!! OTC AZO may help reduce some discomfort symptoms..I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.I will be happy to get back with you!If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD