Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  Board certified Internist
23744323

I am a healthy 55 year old women who has seen tiny black specs

Customer Question

I am a healthy 55 year old women who has seen tiny black specs in my urine. What could it be
JA: The Urologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: ok
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Urologist should know?
Customer: No but I been getting uti's on off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 9 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Tiny black specs can be nectrotic tissues from bladder lining.Recurrent UTIs can cause inflammation and dead tissue of the lining.Another possibility can be bladder cancer related.Small risk but should be looked into.You should get urine cytology for initial screening test.Cystoscopy also may be required for direct visualization of bladder lining.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/