Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Dr.
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

A white, non-sticky fluid has been leaking gradually from my

Customer Question

A white, non-sticky fluid has been leaking gradually from my penis throughout the day, and I have some burning / discomfort while urinating.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.This may indicate an infection with chlamydia from your description, if you are sexually active.I would strongly recommend that you be seen as you will most likely require further testing including a urine test along with other tests.You will also, likely require a course of an antibiotic to have this treated.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Does it have anything to do with my partner being sick (the common cold) while providing me a blow job? Could it really be an STD though? Because both us are clean, as far as I know, and only partake in sex together.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
STD is a possibility.Common cold cannot cause such symptoms however a urine infection or chlamydia or gonorrhea can cause such symptoms which can be ruled out/ruled in by further tests and you will likely require a course of an antibiotic if any such infection is proven or suspected.Even if both of you are clean, at times, infections such as chlamydia may remain asymptomatic in a lady or may be hiding in their body. They themselves may not appear to have any symptoms but can be a source of transmission to others.If diagnosed you will also need to have your partner treated as well.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I forgot to mention that it's not sexual contact with a lady, but with another man. Does that change anything? It just seemed so strange that all of this started happening literally a few days after my partner got sick.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Yes even a man could have chlamydia hidden in their body.So nothing changes with that.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How sure are you that it is chlamydia? It's not a urinary track infection or something else?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
I am not sure but from what you are telling me i.e. the characteristic of the discharge, such discharge happens more commonly with chlamydia which is the reason why I mentioned that in the first place.It can still be a urine infection and nothing else.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Then what should be the next step? Get tested for an STD or go to the doctor?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
The next step is go to your primary care doctor or an urgent care clinic.You need to have an appointment ASAP.If you cannot get an appointment soon enough I would recommend going to the ER to get a prescription and be tested further.I want that you should be seen ASAP because there is a risk of spread of infection of you do not have this treated soon.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards