DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.

I am a 86year old male recently been diagnosed with early

Customer Question

I am a 86year old male recently been diagnosed with early prostate cancer.My PSA is 5.i I have MRI report. A prostate biopsy Iam told is my next step.Please advise treatment. The Cyber Knife seems less traumatic
I am open to your recommendation.
Thank you in anticipation for your reply
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.
HelloThere are options that are curative, depending on the biopsy.You can not predict which is best before the biopsy.To me, the newest and least invasive is proton beam therapy.That is for cancer that is contained.Depending on the biopsy, at age 86, it might be a non aggressive cancer and you can simply follow it.Here is a mayo clinic write up on treatment options. is robotic surgery. you will see this listed on the options. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.