Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.

Appearance of bright yellow semen, but no apparent infection.

Customer Question

Appearance of bright yellow semen, but no apparent infection. I believe it is a form of prostatitis, but my GP is not concerned. However, I am. I am 78 and the sudden appearance is disconcerting.
JA: OK. The Urologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: That's it.
JA: Is there anything else the Urologist should be aware of?
Customer: No. Apart from some back pain and dull right groin pain
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. Yellow semen is not of any major concern, if you are not having symptoms of prostatitis (reduced urine stream, burning on urination or dyuria). Reasons include certain foods like garlic, semen that has stayed in your seminal vesicles, part of the duct system, longer to age. You can take multivitamins, expecially high doses of B vitamins, and get more yellow looking sperm. Those are the major reasons. They say semen yellows at the person ages as well, as a normal phenomena. Get back to me to discuss this further if I can help and I will reply. Or if satisfied, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks Dr Frank