DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
24257177

Dr Just answer,I am a 54 year old man. Who was prescribed for

Customer Question

Dr Just answer,I am a 54 year old man. Who was prescribed for my BPH(not at the same time)2 drugs used to treat BPH. Either one of the drugs can cause what I now have.. I have seminal emission disorder(I do not ejaculate forceful,and their is very little ejaculate) caused by 2 drugs which I was prescribed for, my BPH. From what I understand(from reading on the internet) that either one of these drugs can cause reduced contraction of seminal vesicles. Which will cause a man to develop seminal emission disorder.. Certain drugs can do this in some men(alpha beta blockers). Even though it is rare. I also have lack of orgasm(lack of libido) to go with this condition(their seems to be less sensations during sex). From my understanding either Urologist or a internal medicine doctoris able to give advice on how to treat this conditon. That is why I am contacting you. ) My condition was caused by 2 drugs that I was prescribed to me by my urologist. These drugs were: Flomax, and Cadura. Drugs that are used to treat BPH. My urologist told me that sometimes these drugs cause sexual dysfunction in men. He told me to give myself a week,and the side effects of these med's would be out of my system,and everything would return to normal The side effects have not cleared. I am going on 8 months now. I believe this condition is permanent. I hope to God it is not.. My urologist has no advice on what I can do other than wait. So I am very concerned now. I am hoping you can give me advice or refer me to some articles on your website that can give me some suggestions on a antidote for what these beta blockers have done to me.or what drug I can take that can treat/cure/reverse seminal emission disorder. I am hoping that if their is a drug/or drugs that can reverse/treat seminal emission disorder.then it will also help with the lack of sensations(libido problem), that I am having also. This is a website that explains how theses medications cause seminal emission disorder: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1442-2042.2006.01535.x/full This website also says that this condition can be reversed, but does not give any solutions(drugs) that will do that.. If you know of any treatment that can treat/cure the condition of seminal emission disorder with lack of libido(orgasm), please contact me. Thank you
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 8 months ago.
HelloReversal is by stopping the drugs causing the side effects.If you still have symptoms, there is another problem.For example, the prostate can become large enough that it causes the same problem.How large is your prostate?At this point you need an ultrasound of the prostate glandAd you need, possibly , a cystcopy to see if there is a problem at the neck of the bladder.Treatment depends on the cause, but rarely is this condition completely reveresible...and there is no specific medication for this, unless the prostate is enlarged, then perhaps a drug called cialis might help. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Mr Thomas is not my prostate sir. My prostate is normal sir. These alpha beta blcokers are the cause sir. Please read the link it the messsage. Can I send it to you again sir? because you may not have seen the link. Alpha beta blockers cause this condition. Seminal emission disorder. Did you read the link I sent you sir?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I stop using the drug 8 months ago. It was cardura. These alpha beta blockers cause these sexual side effects that in some men do not completely resolve themselves. Please answer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sir, tell me what to send you to proceed. I need more information. How can you send you a service offer? My number is(###) ###-#### ***** tell me how to proceed
The article of your link is postulated.It is theory, and it is not proven.If the cardura were the problem, your situation should have resolved.if not, then there is no drug to treat it, as I told you.Your BPH clearly would not have gone away, and since you stopped treatment, it would progress.I believe this is a likely problem.I do not do phone calls, but we can communicate here. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not finished. Please some one get in contact with me
I realize thatI am herePlease type in any further questions.I do have some ideas for you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dr Thomas, Please find me something to help me. These alpha beta blockers have ruined me probabby forever Sir, I am not the only one. Yes it is rare, but when it happens thee are men in my situation. If you read that article. These alpha 1 beta blockers work b a selective α-receptor blockade and subsequent relaxation of the bladder neck region. These drugs cause seminal seminal emission disorders,and lack of libido, Please read that link again sir. It will prove to you what I have been telling you. Maybe it is not in your PDR, but these drugs(alpha 1 beta blockers are none for this) and in some rare cases in is permanent. Yes, it is suppose to go away when you stop the drug, but sometimes it doesn't. Especially if you are diabetic. Which I am. and no my diabetes did not cause this. but my diabetes my have contributed for the length of time this condition has lasted. because these beta blockers interfere with nerve transmissions. That is why a diabetic should never take them, because whether or not you have neuropathy or not, the nerves of a diabetic is not like the nerves of a non-diabetic. That is why I am trying and praying that someon knows of some drug that can reverse seminal emission disorder. Read that link again,and find out if there is a drug th at does the opposiet of what these beta blockers do. Please help me. My condition is causing stress in my marriage. In that linke(the article) it says that this condition can be reversed. Well time has not reversede if for me. Please do some research or talk to your peers. I have very little ejauculate,and lost of libido,lost of sensations. I was taking these drugs when I should not have. I was have urinary frequency(whick is common with diabetics) and I was prescribed these drugs when my prostate was normal. I never should have been prescribed these drugs. Now I am damaged probably for life, and my marriage as of right now is in distress. Please find me something that can reverse what alpha beta blockers do. They relax smooth muscle. by not allowing the alpha 1 receptors in smooth muscle to bind tonorepinephrine(Adreline) .but the relation that it has caused in my seminal vessels, even though I have been off the medicine for 8 months, those seminal vessels are still relaxed. They are noted for causing this. Please read that link I gave yo again or refer me to someone you think can help me. There has got to be a answer for this. I know internal medicine doctors know about this. urologist know about these alpha 1 beta blockers, cardiologist know about this alpha 1 beta blockers. Please help. It is not my diabetes. because I am not impotent I just am not able to ejaculate or have any sensitivity. It happend after I took to much of that drug(cardura). I too way to much of that drug. I did not take it as prescribed. Please give me any advice you have. There has got to be a answer for this. please help. I have prayed that this would clear.It has not sir. Please help me. I have been trying my best to find something to reverse this condition. I am all ears to what you have to recommend.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please reply sir.I am here..
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You said you had some idea's. Sir please, please for the love of God,please share the with me. Read my message(the long one) I just left you. Please help me. I am here waiting for your reply. It is very difficult to know if you reply or not, I am new to this site. and I don't know how it works. that is why I am jsut waiting please repy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sir, please, please reply Dr Thomas. Or give me another time we can chat. Please reply sir
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sir, please reply sir. I am here. What is going on are you here sir? Just tell me something?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sir, I do not have BPH. I do not have BPH. I do not have BPH sir. it is not BPH. and from what I read BPH does not cause lack of orgasm. Right? Sir, please I am new to this website if you have no further advice please let me know so I can be refunded my money. I am leaving you messsage after message after message. If you are attending to something else just let me know so I can go and do some other chores while you are busy, but for god's sake let me know when you will answer or not. I am just sitting her waiting sir.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Oh my goodness. Sir what is going on?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you not seeing these messages? What idea's are you speaking of. You say you have some idea's. :Please sir reply
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dr Thomas if you cannot help me please just let me know sir. Maybe there is not a answer, Please let me know, because I am about to ask Justanswer for a refund. I know you are getting these messages. Your time is important to you, and so is mine. I have to continue elsewhere. So i will give you 5 minutes
You are not responding to my statements or my questions.First:What happened to the BPH?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sir, that was a misprint. I do not have BPH. I was treated with drugs that treated BPH. I had urinary frequency. Read my last messages. I am a diabetic.I was prescribed those drugs to give me relief(doctor thought it would help) for my urinary frequency I should have never been presribed that medication Cadura(generic for doxicyline). My Prostate is normal. These drugs as you know(even my urlogist told me this). Will cause t ejaculatory issuess while they are taken even though it is rare.. They will cause impotence while taken them even though it is rare. They will cause lack of libido when taken them. Even though it is rare. and yes. In most men they resolve when they are stopped taking the meds, but some men the side effects do not resolve themselves,and men deal with this for a long time or it is permanent. Maybe it is not in the PDR. The link I gave you is to explain how that may occur. but something is occuring when taking the medications, because these things happen when you take them in some men(even though rare). These med's(Alpha beta blockers) work by interfering with nerve impulses. blocking alpha 1 receptors from receiving adrenaline. This relaxs smooth muscle. Since I am a diabetic,and the nerves of diabetics are weaker even if you do not have neuropathy. It is advised that diabetics should not take that particular beta blocker(are all beta blockers if it an be advoided) because our nerves are not like the nerves of a non-diabetic. That is why diabetics have issues when taking beta blockers. I am looking for a drug to do the opposite of what alpha beta blockers do. They cause ejaculatory dysfunction by blocking the α-receptor b and subsequent relaxation of the bladder neck region occurs when they are blocked. These drugs effect nerves in smooth muscles,and the nerves of diabetic are weak or damaged by diabetes. and sometimes when taking beta blockes then the sideeffects can be longlasting even after discontinuing the drug or permanent. Not only diabetics, but it can occur in non-diabeteics as well. Many men who have taken beta blockers have to take erectile medicine for the rest of their lives.. I need something to cause the seminal vessels to contract again. You are a urologist what is the treatment fo rseminal emission disorder? What drugs do you use to treat that condition with? because that is what I have. Forget everything I said about beta blockers. This drug has caused a relation of smooth muscle where every the seminal vessels are located at. You told me you had some idea's. Please share them with me. Thank you
I have answered this above.There are not drugs to treat this if the cause is not known.In fact, most causes are not reversible.It is not thought that your drug use would be permanent.Conventional medicine, nor urology, have a good answer for you, as your own doctors do not.I would suggest you move to none conventional medicine.Specifically: I have treated this type of disorder in my integrative practice with good , TCM/Acupuncture.That is, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture.In addition, since nerve damage can be from Diabetes, that needs to be controlled very well.I have seen "incurable" nerve disorders reversed in this fashion. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please reply sir.
I just sent a reply.Please read it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When you say treated are you saying seminal emission disorder? and are you saying the lack of ejaculation, and lack of orgasm is a product of nerve damage? If you are saying that sir, is it probable that this drug could have contribute to the nerve damage that could have already existed, because I have neuropathy in my feet, but I have never had any sexual problems until using that alpha beta blocker(doxiciyline). I used way to much of it. Over prescribed myself this drug. So it is nerve damage you thing right? agravated by a beta blocker. Is that your take sir?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dr Thomas, if you answer that last question.I will be on my way sir. Please if you get this. Let's end this session. Just answer that last question
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sir, please give me some idea of what you mean by traditional chinese medicine. Give me some details of what the medicine is that you are referring to ? is there any medicine that will heal nerves or cause smooth muscle to constrict? Please give me a list of chinese medicine that will do this sir. Please please reply. If you only knew how long I have been searching for a answer. I just need some hope sir , please reply.
I have seen what was thought to be incurable nerve damage respond to TCMAcupuncture is the brief placement of non painful needles into specific points to stimulate nerve reactions and the healing of problems.TCM is that acupuncture, also the use of herbs and other techniques to help the acupuncture work.Here is a link with an extensive description.https://nccih.nih.gov/health/whatiscam/chinesemed.htm please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dr Thomas, I hope you are still here sir. Can you tell me some of the herbs you use to treat a condition like mine or do I have to always use the acupuncture to get results, and chinese herbs? Have you ever heard about Yohimbine
herb(mispelled) is a drug that stimulates the nerve and sexual libido. have you heard of that herb.
The herbs are individualized based on Chinese diagnosis, which involves pulse diagnosis and other techniques.This is not do it yourself.For example, yohimbine is dangerous. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yohimbine is dangerous? why please tell me why, because I was about to order that herb a week ago. Why is yohimbine dangerous that seems to be the only herb that can enhance nerve conduction. Dr Thomas, please hang in here with me sir. These beta blockers(the damge they did) about cause my wife to divorce me, please explain why yohimbine is dangerous, and also where are the seminal vessels located is it in the bladder or urethra/prostate?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
and how can I find one of these TCM/acupunture clinics in my area that will treat me for this condition.
I am going to have to see a positive rating on one of my answers.We are only paid per rating, and we are way beyond your original question.Yohimbine can cause hypertension, cardiac arrythmia and death.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seminal_vesicleYou have to find an acupuncturist.There are many search lists for acupuncturistsHere is one.http://www.aaaomonline.org/search/custom.asp?id=320