Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology. 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.

I am 5 years status post radical prostectomy. I am using a

Customer Question

I am 5 years status post radical prostectomy. I am using a trimix to achieve erections. Occasionally, (thank God) I get a case of priaprasm and need to go to the ER. I saw a new urologist who tried a new mix at a lesser dosage. usually Dr's say I will lose my erection in a 1/2 hour. But I never do. Can you explain why the priprasm occurs and how I can prevent a horrible end to a beatiful encounter?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Trimix is a mixture of three drugs and all three are very potent. The dose you are using is possibly too much for you. The best thing to do is to try other drugs such as Cialis or Viagra. The incidence of priapism and long lasting erections with Tirmix is much more than that with Cialis or Viagra and Trimix is reserved only for those patients for whom the other medication do not suffice.If you have tried other medication, then reducing the dose of the Trimix to less than 20 units might help.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.