Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice
Experience:  I have 14 years experience in Family Practice which includes the treatment of most co
13781349

Can a urologist detect anything while he is performing a

Customer Question

Can a urologist detect anything while he is performing a biopsy
Category: Urology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello !What type of biopsy did you have ? Bladder? Prostate ? Other ?Also can you clarify what you mean in your question? A prostate biopsy is mainly to detect protate cancer ....A bladder biopsy mainly to detect bladder cancer ....Let me know if you have further details ....Best regards! I'll be happy to get back with you !!Best regards!Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I mean while he is performing a prostate
Biopsy with imaging would he be able to detect anything abnormal
I had one done yesterday day he told me he didn't see anything abnormal after the procedure
Hello again,Yes the ultrasound imaging would help to differentiate any areas of suspicion such as a distinct mass... the combination is very effective to help rule out prostate cancer..I hope that this is helpful for you!Let me know if you have further questions or discussion!Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you yes it does my psa has risen from 3.9 in 2011 to 7.0 last.month
While he was doing he mention that my prostate was very large when he was measuring it
And that might be a reason the psa is high
Lager the prostate the more room for psa to be
Higher I'm sure.im.over stating that
And there have been no nodules only lite firmness on top right when the DRE WAS DONE
I am 57 btw ....when he said he didn't see anything abnormal I felt a little better. .that's why I was curious if he could see any abnormalities ..I know the tissue report stil.has to come and the Gleason score ....any feed back would be great
Hello again!Benign prostatic hypertrophy is most common reason for high PSA HOWEVER BPH alone would not usually caused rise of PSA to 7.0...Now a prostate infection certainly could cause that much rise in PSA...If you have symptomatic BPH then a regimen of treatment may be indicated such as Avodart + Flomax as a potential option....I hope that this is helpful for you ...Best regards!Anthony Bray MD