DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.

I had a CT scan this week and all came back clear, but the

Customer Question

I had a CT scan this week and all came back clear, but the report said I had a small calcification on my kidney. I'm having abdominal pain (reason for the CT scan), but the doctor said the calcification was small and "unremarkable" and shouldn't be causing pain. Do you agree or can a small calcification cause pain?
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast. Anything else I can tell the Urologist before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's it, just wondering if I should be concerned this may be the cause of my pain. Thanks.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 6 months ago.
HelloThe small calcification has nothing to do with your pain.You need to have other work up for the abdominal pain.Higher in the abdomin: gall bladder, stomach, pancrease , colon.Lower in the abdomen, bladder, ovaries [femaie], colon.Mid to high and mid to low, around navel, small bowel. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.