DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.

I have a 1 CM cyst in the upper pole of my left kidney. I have

Customer Question

I have a 1 CM cyst in the upper pole of my left kidney. I have blood in my urine.
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: No urinary stone no liver lesion or biliary dilatation. No bladder obstruction or bowel wall thickening was seen.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Urologist before I connect you two?
Customer: No urinary tract stone disease or obstruction is present. No solid renal mass is seen. Mild prostate enlargement.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 6 months ago.
HelloIf it is a simple cyst, it is not the cause of blood in urine.Certainly not at 1 cm.You need a scope of the bladder at this point, if there is no other explanation for the blood.You need to see a urologist to get this done. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.