Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

My name is ***** ***** I will attach the current issues I am

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I will attach the current issues I am having
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Started on 4/11 Was currently on amox for bronchitis and sinus infection4/14 was told I had a UTI and put on Bactrim and Diflucan but the doctor couldn't test due to the azo dye, just assumed.4/16 went to first health ER, they did a Urine culture and Pap and they found some bacteria but not enough to for a bad UTI and I was negative for Yeast Infection, the doc prescribed Macrobid and more diflucanEvening of the 17th I did try some Azo Bladder control pills which seemed to subside the symptoms for a few hours. Symptoms I am experiencing have been constant since 4/11 and have never changed regardless of any medication.Constant need to pee, regardless of if I just used the bathroom, a cramping sensation in my bladder, and a tingling/burning sensation in my urethra opening which is constant. Also accompanied by weight loss, nausea, and lack of appetite. The symptoms also subside when I am sleeping, and come back as soon as I get out of bed in the morning
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Urologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also, I am a 26 year old female, with 3 children and known history of UTIs (every 3 months) this is the first time my symptoms are different and constant
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
These symptoms sound more like a UTI. Did you have a urine culture done to identify any bacteria?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A culture was done on 4/17 and the doctor said that it showed some bacteria but not much.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So far I have been on amoxicillon, Bactrim. And Macrobid with no changes.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
Ok then this sound to be more bladder spasms from an overactive bladder. The next thing hey should try is a medication called oxybutynin to stop the spasms that sound like are causing your symptoms. You may need to be referred to a urologist to help treat this. Hope this helps.