Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I just saw blood in my Semen last night. And this morning

Customer Question

I just saw blood in my Semen last night. And this morning I had blood in my stool. Both blood was bright red. I have been drinking a lot of sweet tea lightly. No pain urinating or When taking a bow movement. No pain ejaculating.
JA: OK. The Urologist will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Urologist before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
These two episodes of bleeding are likely not related to the same problem. Blood in the semen could be due to a sign of inflammation of the ejaculatory duct or an infection of the prostate or testicles. You need to get into see your doctor or a urologist for a prostate examination and a urine culture to see if you need to be placed on antibiotics to treat this. If there's no signs of infection, then the bleeding will clear up on its own in the next 6 to 8 weeks. You should also had a PSA checked to screen for prostate cancer.As for the blood in the stool, this could be a sign of hemorrhoids or possibly a sign of a tumor in the intestines. This is a more concerning type of bleeding. If it is bright red bleeding, you need to get to an emergency room to be evaluated immediately as bleeding from the colon or the intestines can be life-threatening. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.