Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I have a ball the size of a nerd candy near my left testicle

Customer Question

I have a ball the size of a nerd candy near my left testicle can you tell me what it is? I believe it's is the reason that I had inflammation in 2014
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
Is it above or behind the testicle?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
This is most likely a small cyst called a spermatocele. The only way to be sure is to see a doctor for a direct examination of this area. To confirm the exam, you may need to have an ultrasound of the scrotum done. Spermatoceles are very common and are completely harmless. Nothing needs to be done. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In March 2014 I had an inflammation in this same area and I could walk properly for a year I have had numerous ultrasounds and the doctors I went to say that I have varicose veins and a hydrocele on my left testicle can you help me figure out why I had an inflammation? I still feel reminisce of it today and sometimes I can smell sulfur or Mercury if that helps pin point the issue
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
Inflammation in the area of the testicle is quite common and typically originates from a UTI or an STD. There is no way for me to guess what was the cause of your inflammation.