Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I had a scan of my kidneys and bladder showed mild blockage

Customer Question

I had a scan of my kidneys and bladder showed mild blockage of my kidney and a torturous uterer and they order another scan of my kidneys with the nuclear medicine and the test is 3 weeks away should I be waiting this long for a test? I am concerned for damage to my kidney. I am going to the bathroom 15 times a day. Holding about 2 oz in my bladder after Ihave peed. I am 58 female and in good health. Tender inmyliwer abdomen
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
Have they done a blood test to check your creatinine level?If you are in this much pain, hey probably shouldn't wait that long for the test. You should have a creatinine level drawn to make sure your kidney function is ok. If it is not, then something needs to be done about the blockage more urgently. Hope this helps.