Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Does ejaculation male who has an enlarged prostate

Customer Question

Does ejaculation for the male who has an enlarged prostate offer relief and, if so, how often should ejaculation occur?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
No. Ejaculatuon does not provide any relief for men within the large prostate. For some men who have chronic prostatitis, I can provide some relief of pain. If you think you have symptoms of an large prostate, you should see a urologist for in a valuation to make sure that you do not have prostatitis. If you're having trouble urinating, there are many prescription medication on the market that of been designed to help relieve your symptoms. I would recommend that you see a urologist to determine if you need to be on something such as Flomax. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you....excellent answer and just what I was expecting. My husband has been using this ''tool'' as an excuse for having sex due to his enlarged prostate. We have been together 8 yrs and he likes to watch an awful lot of internet porn which is another matter altogether.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
You're very welcome. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.