Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I recently had a vasectomy and after two weeks I find a large

Customer Question

I recently had a vasectomy and after two weeks I find a large lump has developed above my right testicle. Please advise
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
This could be a few things. If it is large, it may be a blood collection called a hematoma. If it seems to be attached to the testicle this may be a cyst off the epididymis called a spermatocele. I would recommend that you get into see your surgeon who did the procedure for an examination to determine what this is. If it is a hematoma, typically nothing needs to be done. It will go away After a couple months. However, sometimes, the blood can get infected and you may need antibiotics to treat this. If this is a spermatocele, again, nothing needs to be done. If it gets too large and is bothering you, the. You may need surgery to remove it. Hope this helps.