Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I fractured my penis, blood shot everywhere out the tip. I

Customer Question

I fractured my penis, blood shot everywhere out the tip. I had to have a scope procedure to insert a catheter because my ureathra was torn. I opted to not have the degloving surgery the day it happened. The next day I decided if it was best to do it, I'll do it, but the urologist said it was too late to do anything. I want to know what my prognosis is for recovery.
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast. Anything else I can tell the Urologist before I connect you two?
Customer: no that is pretty much it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
Your penis will heal in about 6 weeks, but without the corrective surgery, you may develop scarring that can cause curvature and shortening of the penis and possibly erectile dysfunction. The only thing your doctor can consider is to place you on a medication called Trental to try to decrease the scarring process. Hope this helps.