Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
6740150

I have itching in tip skin of my panis. Its circumsized. little

Customer Question

I have itching in tip skin of my panis. Its circumsized. little inflamation in the skin. No pain during urination and ejaculation. Penis head has pain and feels heavy. No discharge. There is extra skin which peels off seems like fungus.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
HelloWelcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern Since how long you have these symptoms?Do you have any known medical illness like diabetes?Any foul odor?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Since 10 days. I am fully fit. No illness including diabetics. No odor
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for the quick reply. The symptoms you have described of itching in tip of penis and slight pain & heaviness since last 10 days seems to be due to a condition called balanitis.It is the inflammation & irritation of the skin covering the head (glans) of the penis. Its possible causes are:fungal or bacterial infection unhygenic conditions and tight foreskin lead to irritation by smegma,seborrhoeic dermatitis,contact allergy and other generalised skin conditions.Skin swabs for bacterial or fungal culture might be taken to confirm infection. The most probable cause seems to be fungal and/or bacterial infection. In most cases the cause is anaerobic bacteria,simple exposure to air and local cleansing is most often effective.Apply tripple ointment containing anti fungal agent.It is available as over the counter(OTC) without prescription & will help you greatly. If still after this,the symptoms persists, then you need to consult your doctor as oral anti fungal & antibiotic medications will be prescribed accordingly. Hope this helpedMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What is the name of the ointment
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for replying back. Name of ointment is "Bactine Triple Antibiotic Topical".This product contains neomycin,bactiracin and polymyxin antibiotics that work by stopping the growth of bacteria. It is available as OTC without prescription & & will help you greatly.Hope this helpedMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is it available in auckland and how many times i have to use it in a day. How much does it cost. Can i do sex with this?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for replying back. In Auckland,you can get an ointment containing clotrimazole (an anti fungal)by name canesten anti fungal cream.You need to apply it 2-3 times a day.http://www.lifepharmacy.co.nz/c/Antifungal-Treatments?i=37 Yes,you can have sex after applying this.This is safe for both partners. Hope this helpedMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hav used acyclovir for last 3 days.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Should i stop this? Is this STD?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for replying back.Acyclovir cream is used to treat cold sores (fever blisters; blisters that are caused by a virus called herpes simplex).It belongs to a class of medications known as antivirals.It is used to treat first outbreaks of genital herpes. Your symptoms does not seem to be due to an STD or a genital herpes. Yes,you should stop applying acyclovir. The most probable cause of your symptoms in fungal infection for which anti fungal cream like clotrimazole (an anti fungal)by name canesten anti fungal cream is quite effective. Thank you.My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there any medicine to stop the pain and itching?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for replying back. Yes,you can take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter.It is non steroidal anti inflammatory drug (NSAID) & will relieve the pain & other symptoms. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.It is easily available as OTC in Auckland. Also apply canesten anti fungal cream as described above.These will help you greatly. Thank you.My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How many ibuprofen should I take in a day?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any restrictions on food or using soap?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
Dear customer You need to take 400 mg of each Ibuprofen twice a day.that means 1 tablet in morning & one in night.There is no restriction on food.Avoid using soap over this area & avoid tight undergarments.If possible keep the area open at night.This will enhance the healing. Thank you.My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Kind RegardsDr.Josh