Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I just had a cysto and the doctor said I have erythematous

Customer Question

I just had a cysto and the doctor said I have erythematous mucosa on the right edges of prior resection site - nothing suspicious. with no also noted was an anterior dome submucosal round lesion (likely leiomymoa) with no trabeculation. What does all of this mean? I am having a CAT scan in a few days. Why do you thing the CAT scan was ordered and what does all of this mean in simple English. I had bladder cancer 8 years ago with no problems since then. Thank you!
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast. Anything else I can tell the Urologist before I connect you two?
Customer: No thats it. Thanks. Is there a charge to find out the answers to my questions?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 months ago.
The erythematous lesion is possibly concerning for a recurrence of the bladder cancer. This is why CT scan was ordered to see if this is the case. It sounds like they are probably going to need to do a biopsy of the area in the future. I'm not sure what the leiomyoma is but it sounds like they are referring to possibly a uterine fibroid pushing down on the bladder at the top of the bladder. This is not anything to be concerned about. Hope this helps.