dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  I have ten years experienced to handle patients of different specialities inc;uding Urology.
16766337

I was diagnosed with non bacteria prosatitis 8 days ago. I

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with non bacteria prosatitis 8 days ago. I have been taking a antibiotic(cypro) 2 times a day but I am having terrible suprapubic, lower abdomen and groin pain. My question is will this pain go away and is it treatable without being put on pain medication for the rest of my life. Currently I am taking hydro 5x325 to help with the constant pain. Can you answer this question.....
Category: Urology
Expert:  dr abid replied 9 months ago.

Hi there ...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did not see your answer to my questions above
Expert:  dr abid replied 9 months ago.

Sorry I would like to know , do you have other symptoms like loss of appetite , persistent fever ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I don't.....just freaking out if I will have to deal with this for life.
Expert:  dr abid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for info ...

Respected customer , pain in abdomen and groin is feature of acute prostatitis , this will not for ever if present once infection will settle pain will go away .

So for acute pain often pain killers are prescribed for 5 or 7 days to suppress acute inflammation ptherwise life long pain killers are neither needed nor indicated .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Doesn't acute have a positive bacterial culture....my urine culture came back negative?
Expert:  dr abid replied 9 months ago.

In some cases , atypical organisms are not picked up in routine culture but still infection is there ...

So anti bacterials should be used .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there any prosatitis that a person would still have to deal with this this area (the whole area above the penis) pain
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Regardless of which prosatitis I am diagnosed does the suprapubic, lower abdomen and groin pain go away?
Also what are the long-term issues with prosatitis?
Expert:  dr abid replied 9 months ago.

Yes this will go away with antibiotics and when infection will clear .

Long term complications when treated properly are not seen .

Regards .

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just want to make sure I am telling you correctly.....my pain is in the area where my pubic hair is and just above it and to the sides of it.....I assume I correctly told you the place. I am seeing a urologist this upcoming Monday, any chance 14 days of Cipro will resolve the infection
Expert:  dr abid replied 9 months ago.

Area that you are telling corresponds to prostate area and is the right area where you may have pain .

Ideally 2 weeks course of antibiotics will resolve issue .

But if after 2 weeks infection persist than one should repeat culture .

Regards .

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
have you ever had a patient that was diagnosed with prosatitis and had the pain where I do and it didn't go away
Expert:  dr abid replied 9 months ago.

As I mentioned pain is one of the feature of Prostatitis , so when infection is treated effectively it goes away .

Regards .