Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology. 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.

Had Light PVP surgery on my prostate 2013. Apparently the

Customer Question

Had Green Light PVP surgery on my prostate 2013 . Apparently the urologist/ surgeon had burnt the area with the laser as a result ended up in the ER four days later with the left side ureter blocked and had to have a stent/tube inserted for about eight days. Moving along about 6 months later had a bladder neck contracture surgery to cut a pathway. Fast forward to now March 2016 have changed urologist because having trouble peeing starting, voiding especially when bladder is full . New urologist performed a cystoscopy last week and told me although it is not completely blocked I need as soon as possible the have this bladder neck scar tissue cut I think in three places. Sometimes during the day I can pee fine when I need too but when bladder is full cannot start and takes about three long trips to empty . Especially after ejaculation seems to really get more inflamed . My question is should I have this bladder neck surgery scheduled for 10 days time really anxious that it may be something else Thanks HK
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

What you are suffering from is known as a stricture, also known as narrowing of a lumen, this happens when the epithelium or the tissue comprising the wall of the bladder or the urethra gets traumatized during prostate surgery or laser intervention. This is a common complication. The stricture only worsens over time and should be addressed approximately 6 months after the previous surgery since it usually takes its full form in six months, i.e., if any improvement is expected, it occurs in 06 months. If at 06 months the situation continues to worsen, then surgery should be done.

If they are keen on doing the surgery endoscopically, I suggest you opt for it and have it done to resolve the issue.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating, that is the only way I get compensated for my time and effort.