Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have an abnormal urinalysis, 2 times and I have some

Customer Question

I have an abnormal urinalysis, 2 times and I have some questions
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: /Users/jeanniez/Desktop/Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 10.25.29 PM.png
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Urologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have epithelial casts and Hyaline casts HPF 5-9, RBC 50+, WBC 30-49, Protein 30, Moderate bacteria, no bacteria on previous test, blood Negative. What does this mean?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 8 months ago.

This urinalysis can be a sign of kidney disease. Can you tell me what medical problems you have and what medications you take?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am a breast cancer survivor. Spread to lymphnodes. 2 years post chemo. I have ulcerative colitis. I take tamoxifen and 10mg celexa. Klonopin occasionally. My chemotherapy was (pardon my spelling) adrimycin/cytoxin follow by taxol/hercepton.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 8 months ago.
With your history of chemotherapy as well as ulcerative Clyde is, you are at high risk for having kidney stones. This could be the reason for the findings on your urinalysis test. You need to get into see a urologist and they need to do a CT scan to evaluate for stones and other possible causes of waiting. They will need to also take a look inside your bladder by cystoscopy to evaluate for any source of the bleeding inside the bladder. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you! I am scheduled for an abdominal ultrasound tomorrow. Maybe that will show kidney stones. I will let you know. In addition I will set up an appointment with a urologist.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 8 months ago.
You're very welcome. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks