Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I am a 28 year old female. I was having right side back pain

Customer Question

I am a 28 year old female.
I was having right side back pain doctor recommended internal ultrasound and kidney ultrasound. Internal came back normal. On the kidney right kidney came back normal. On left kidney it stats an upper pole 1.8x1.9x2 cm structure has appearance of a complex cyst containing internal sepatations. I have made an appointment with a urologist. In the meantime is there any advice? I had an ultrasound of kidney done over the summer and they both came back normal. Very worried about cancer.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 7 months ago.
Without being able to see the images, I can't determine whether this is cancer or not. But if this is a complex cyst, there may be a 25% chance that this is cancer. However, at your age, it would be extremely rare to see kidney cancer. Because of this fact alone, I don't think you need to worry about that. But I think you need to see a urologist to review the images. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.