Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I have been having to urinate frequently, lower stomach

Customer Question

hi doc, i have been having to urinate frequently, lower stomach aches light chills, kinda low energy, urine kinda smells funny...could this be a UTI? I had one about 8 months ago with a urine test that said i had bacteria and abnormal white blood cells. as a male why does this keep happening?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 7 months ago.
This is almost certainly a UTI. How old are you?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
35 years old, im a retired pro player.....i do still train a lot...running lifting, i sweat a lot
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 7 months ago.
Do you have problems with a slownurine stream or a history of kidney stones?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no i pee just fine...i drank tons of water and when i use the bathroom everything is fine. Ive never been told i have had a kidney stone.. although a couple times during my pro career i think i may have passed a stone or to due to sharp pains while i was peeing but that only a guess never confirmed by a doc. I have been pretty healthy other than that.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 7 months ago.
If you may have passed a stone in the past, then it is very possible that you may have stones as the cause of the infections. You need to get in to see a urologist for am exam and a you may need a CT scan to see if you have stones that need to be removed to stop the infections. Hope this helps.