Dr. David, MD
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
41363181

I'm having flakes in my urine and i'm not sure what from,

Customer Question

I'm having brown flakes in my urine and i'm not sure what from
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: Well, i've never experienced this before! I finished my period about a week ago, and i'm on the pill for protection. I couldnt get into the doctors for a new script so i actually missed a couple of days after on the 'active' tablets after my period. I then getting unusual spotting which i've never experienced either, and has lasted a couple of days. I then have been having light brown flakes in my urine when I go to the toilet. There is no pain or discomfort just really unsual. I have in the past had persistant UTI / recurring thrush but that has seemed to have subsided for a while now so I'm not sure whats causing this and if it should be of concern
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: I havent had a pap smear and i've been sexually active for about 2 years
JA: Our top Gynecologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Gynecologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Gynecologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Have you had a urine test done as yet or no?

Please let me know.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

have you been sexually active?

light brown flakes in your urine can be from blood in your urine which can be caused by bacterial infection in your urine

or can be due to trauma to your bladder or a small bladder stone or kidney stone

you need to get a urinalysis to check your urine checked for blood and infection.

if you have been sexually active and not taking your birth control pills regularly, you might need a pregnancy test depending on your age, but a few days most likely wouldn't cause you to be pregnant.

you might need to drink more water and fluids as well

if you are drinking caffeine or alcohol, this can also irritate your bladder and sometimes cause bleeding if you are not drinking enough water.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com