Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Frequent urination especially at night. Waking up every

Customer Question

Frequent urination especially at night. Waking up every hour.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 8 months ago.
How long has this been going on for you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
5 to 8 years.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
you have not ansered my question. You only asked "How long has this been going on for you?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 8 months ago.
Sorry, I did not see your response. Getting up to urinate at night is very common in men as they get older. This is due to a condition called lower urinary tract symptoms from prostate enlargement. You need to get in to see your doctor for an examination and they should consider starting you want to medication such as Flomax which is designed to stop the symptoms. Hope this helps and let m for an examination and they should consider starting you want to medication such as Flomax which is designed to stop the symptoms. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.