Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I was in the hospital months after surgery ulcer that got

Customer Question

I was in the hospital for 2 months after surgery for peptic ulcer that got infected during the whole 2 months I had a catheter that is now removed. sometimes after I pea a small amount of air comes out with no pain or anything else.
JA: OK. The Urologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Urologist should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Urologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Urologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Urologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 7 months ago.

Are you male or female? How old are you? Do you have a history of diverticulitis?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
male,age57, no history of diverticuitus
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 7 months ago.

How long have you had this air in the urine?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was discharged about two weeks ago and tat day the catheter was removed. I would say about 4 days later or so was when I first noticed it first. it does not do it all the time. I would say once or twice a day.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 7 months ago.

Anytime there's air in the urine, this is concerning for a possible connection between the bladder and the: called a fistula. You may have diverticulitis and not even know it. You need to get in to see a urologist to do a CT scan to see if you have this problem that may need surgical correction. Other possible causes of air in the urine include a urinary tract infection. However, with an infection, it should not last this long. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.