Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
6740150

My penis has the end of the foreskin turning a colour and I

Customer Question

My penis has the end of the foreskin turning a white colour and I can't seem to roll my foreskin of the tip of my penis. I'm not circumcised
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Do you have red, swollen and pain within penis tip?

For how long you have this problem?

Do you have problem with urination?

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No red or swillen but some cuts which sting a little when urine hits them
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
About 6 months with current issue, always had an issue rolling foreskin over tip
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

In medical term this is called as Phimosis and affects 5% of the population.

I would make you clear that the most common cause for this condition is development of a whitish ring of hardened tissue near the tip of the penis, which prevents retraction of the foreskin. Your symptoms confirms the diagnosis of Phimosis.

Initially doctor prescribe -Antibiotics and Hot soaks which help separate the foreskin from the glans. If it doesn't work, then under a local anesthesia doctor will do, a small incision to release.

Your doctor may also prescribe a steroid cream that you apply to your foreskin several times a day for several weeks. This can loosen the skin. If it doesn't improve, then A partial or full circumcision can be done.

Also, i would make clear that most cases can be resolve with conservative treatment.

Please consult your doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.

You can consult Urologist for management of this issue.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you suggest going straight to a eurologist or my general practitioner first ??
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Dear,

I would suggest that you can start with your General practioner(GP) and if the need arises, they would send you to Urologist. Please start with your G.P.

It is not a serious issue and can be managed.

God bless you and take care.