Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My urologist of many years refused to do prostate biopsies

Customer Question

My urologist of many years refused to do prostate biopsies the last 5 years because he
did not believe I had prostate cancer because my PSA was below 4. I had two prostate
nodules appear in the 1990's after I developed prostate inflammation from bladder
cancer TB treatment. He ignored these nodules and although I complained of bleeding
from my prostate after ejaculation. He knew and I hope he documented my history
of my two brothers with cancer, one dies of it, and my uncle who died of prostate cancer
and one nephew who had testicular cancer castration. After I eluded to the fact that
my PSA raised from 1.8 to 3.5 over 3 years, he dismissed my concern saying "you do
not have prostate cancer." This was about 2 years ago when he stated this. Now I have
moderate to high risk cancer of the prostate which was diagnosed this Feb, 2016 by
prostate biopsy with perinural invasion and have to have radical prostate surgery by
Cryo-ablation of the prostate and tissue surrounding the prostate. This urologist retired
about three months ago and the alert new urologist sent me to have prostate biopsies.
I feel I have a medical malpractice issue to see a lawyer about. Can you even comment
on this or not?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya experienced Physician attending you now.

I'm really a sorry for your condition.

This is definitely his fault, not to refer you to a oncologist or do further investigations accordingly.

How can you think a doctor can help you with the situation.