Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Name is ***** *****, kidney stones and constipation, on

Customer Question

name is ***** *****, kidney stones and constipation
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: on sunday i got a severe pain on my right side back went screaming into er where they did cat scan and found 3mm stone... i was given morphine terradol for a day and sent home with ibuprofen and percocet anti nausea and flomax, been eating fine but no poop since sat night... so they told me today to drink milk of magesia bc i have gas and pain from constipation and stone.... i was also given colace, my question is can i take colace and milk of magnesia together? and can i still take the ibuprofen and percocet cause the stone is hurting
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Urologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Can you mention your age and gender?

Did you have constipation before this episode ?

Any medical illness ?

please let me know.

Dr.Tharun

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am 41.... No I believe constipation began with pain pills
No med illnesses
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Female
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

HI

Both are stool softeners. You can try the milk of magnesia first. If you are still constipated then you can add colace.

Percocet is fine , but avoid ibuprofen as much as possible.Keep it SOS only.