Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a question about an issue i have been having with sex

Customer Question

hello, i have a question about an issue i have been having with sex for a while now can anyone here help me find some answers?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 9 months ago.

How can I help you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The problem that I'm having the best way to describe is the opposite of premature ejaculation I can have sex with my girlfriend for 3 or 4 hours and nothing happens it's even difficult to maintain an erection the entire time she is very attractive and cannot get pregnant and thanks to my epilepsy there is a slim to none chance that I can get her pregnant so I don't understand what is wrong
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She isn't having that problem she orgasms easily 15 to 16 times every time we do it
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 9 months ago.

What medications do you take? Besides epilepsy, what other medical problems do you have?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Besides epilepsy none I may be a bit outta shape but that's it
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 9 months ago.

What do you take for your epilepsy?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Trileptal and Depakote I have spoken with my neurologist and he said that neither of those should have that effect
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 9 months ago.

Ok. Well it possible that you may have a problem with low testosterone, or high prolactin levels. You need to get in to see a urologist or endocrinologist for an exam to determine if these are problems. If they are, then you may need to be started on testosterone or a medication called cabergoline to restore these levels. Hope this helps.