Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Y., Went back to see my urologist up on my still pain in my

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Y.,Went back to see my urologist for follow up on my still pain in my right testicle which the testicular sonogram confirm 5 months ago I had a bilateral epidimytis. Like I mentioned they put me on antibiotics (cipro 500mg and then Levaquin) with ibuprofen 400mg. Then they change the ibuprofen to catafram and a muscle relaxant flexeril which both medications I only took them for three days because flexeril cause me to be drowsy all day and the catafram make my chest feel tight. So he accept to but me on meloxican 15 mg as you advise and again Cipro 500 mg for another 14 days. Yesterday I finished taking the Cipro 500 mg still on meloxican. But up to date I'm still having the pain. I'm feeling very frustrated since I being already with this pain allready 5 months. Although the meloxican gives some relief during the day everyday before bedtime I have putting a bag of ice so I can wake up with less botherness. Please advise me what will be your suggestions. Thanks.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Have the tried you on gabapentin to see if this stops nerve related pain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No because I tried once gabapentin for a neck pain once and had the same effect as flexeril feeling drowsy and disorientated all day.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. In this case, you need to see your urologist for an evaluation of whether taking out the epididymis is going to help. In some cases, this type of persistent pain can only be solved by removing that epididymis. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What will be the dosage and usage recommended for gabapentin?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

I typically prescribe gabapentin 300 mg twice per day

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The medications I am taking know are: xanax 1 mg twice a day wellbutrin SR 200 mg and the meloxican 15 mg will these have any interactions with the gabapentin?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

I don't think so but you need to verify this with your pharmacist.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Dr Y,
For how many days you suggest I should be on meloxican 15 mg and gabapentin 300 mg for my chronic epidimytis?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 12 months ago.

I would try the meloxicam for at least a week. The gabapentin can be tried for a month is the meloxicam doesn't work.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm already have being taken the meloxican for 4 weeks and 9 days on gabapentin. Since taking the gabapentin my pain have slow down. Do you suggest I should stop taking the meloxican and just take only the gabapentin?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 12 months ago.

Yes. I would recommend that