Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am not very happy experiencing hematospermia from december

Customer Question

Hi dr. I am not very happy experiencing hematospermia from december last year. But it goes away.. it happened again today and it was fresh blood... Pls i dont know waht to do.. i dont have any pain or discomfort at all..
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 9 months ago.

Hi. I am happy to help. I'll send you the phone request.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pls just reply on my message as ive just accidentally press that option.. im ver worried now. Pls help me with some answers..
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 9 months ago.

Blood in the semen is a common benign finding in men and is due to either inflammation of the ejaculatory ducts, prostatitis or trauma to the prostate from long periods of sitting or bike riding. The bleeding can take 6-8 weeks to clear up and the more you ejaculate, the sooner it clears up. At a minimum, you should see a urologist to have your PSA checked and your prostate examined to screen for prostate cancer. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.