khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I cannot sustain an erection than 5 seconds, and have an

Customer Question

I cannot sustain an erection for more than 5 seconds, and have an extremely red vein on the underside of penis which is engorged and wriggly but as it goes closer to the base it flattens out and the entire underside of my penis red because of it are they related and how could I fix this.,I cannot sustain an erection for more than 5 seconds with stimulation and lose it immediately upon standing up, and have an extremely red vein on the underside of penis which is engorged and wriggly but as it goes closer to the base it flattens out and the entire underside of my penis red because of it are they related and how could I fix this, both of these things have affected me since I started puberty.
is there anything I can do to fix this issue and are the two related?
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry about the repeat in the first question I seemed to have made a mistake anyways, I can get a full erection but it dissipates in seconds and goes immediately if I stand up but if im laying down my erection stays for minutes if this helps
Expert:  khagihara replied 10 months ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Do you have erection early in the morning? Can you attach the photos here? When did it start? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Does anything make it better or worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Is your stress increased at home or work before they symptom starts? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am 5'11 I weigh roughly 10 stone, my weight remains very consistent, I have not had an erection in the morning since I was at least 14 the vein issue seems to be consistent although I have noticed I have quite bulging veins, my ED is terrible I cannot have sex unless I take viagra and this problem did keep getting worse although it seems to have hit the limit (I can still get a very solid erection but its rare and only lasts a few seconds unstimulated) drinking alcohol causes almost complete impotence although I can still gain an erection it dissipates in about 1 second, I am not a very stressed person, recently I have tried taking L reduce my ED, and the only thing I can think of which could have triggered it is over masturbation when I was younger causing damage.
I dont mind the looks im far more concerned with the erectyle dysfunction and possible ways to cure it as it seems from my symptoms I have venous leakage I was wondering if there was a non invasive therapy I you could recommend or some home remedy.
The vein pictures look far less red than it actually is.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
L arginine to reduce my ED
Expert:  khagihara replied 9 months ago.

Do you have sexual desire? Do you take recreational drugs?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do have sexual desire and I do not take recreational drugs

Your male hormone seems to be okay. It doesn't seem to be psychological. You could have venous leak. You should see a urologist to have imaging studies, such as duplex Doppler ultrasonography, or angiography of the penile deep arteries to identify areas of arterial obstruction or venous leak.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Firstly is the red vein and ED possibly linked and would any of these supplements or techniques potentially help the issue Horse chestnut pills, vacuum devices to encourage blood flow and lastly is the cause of venous leakage venous valves failing or the venopus valves not being correctly compressed during an erection

You should try to place a constriction band at the base of the penis with viagra. A vacuum device also includes a constriction band.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But what do you think of the red vein

It could be due to inflammation, possibly blood clots. You should see a urologist to have imaging studies such as ultrasound.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What possible reasons could there be why my erections are so much worse standing up, than kneeling or sitting does that help rule out hormonal causes or what

If so, it is not due to male hormone. It could be a mechanical problem to hold blood in the vein. That means the red vein could be the cause.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there anything I can do from my end to try and help this problem for instance would increasing my nitros oxide help or anything

No. It seems to be a vein problem. I highly recommend you see a urologist to have ultrasound and a biopsy if necessary.