Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I've been having a sharp pain in my abdomen after urinating.

Customer Question

I've been having a sharp pain in my abdomen after urinating. it only last a couple seconds then it goes away. what might be the issue?
Category: Urology
Expert:  khagihara replied 10 months ago.

That means the pain is nor due to stones. Do you have frequent urination? Do you want to urinate soon after you urinate? Any other symptoms? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no frequent urination. no I don't need to urinate soon after I urinate. no surgeries. I'm 5 4. 140 lbs. no weight change. no otc pills.

Exactly where is the pain? On a scale of 1-10, what is it? What is it like? Does it radiate to somewhere else?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
center abdomen right side. it's like a 2 or 3 doesn't hurt very much subsides after a few seconds. dull pain after urination just stays in my abdominal are then goes away.

Although it is not typical not to have blood in the urine, you could have bladder stones. You should see a urologist to have CT scan or scope in the bladder (cystoscopy).