Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had a recent urine / blood work and all came back fine or

Customer Question

I had a recent urine / blood work and all came back fine or negative including glucose , blood in urine , PH , etc , etc ... but I got a value of 3+ in my protein urine test .. I have an appointment with my Doctor in one week ... drinking lots of water ... my questions would be is that very or abnormally high , slightly high ... should I be very concerned ?
Thanks
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

That would be considered a high level of protein in the urine. There's no way to determine how severe this is though without an actual evaluation of your kidneys. You will need to have a full panel of bloodwork done to see if you have kidney disease as the cause of the protein in the urine. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.