Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had surgery 18 days ago to cauterize 2 vessels in my

Customer Question

I had surgery 18 days ago to cauterize 2 vessels in my prostate. I am still bleeding sometimes with clots. What is going on ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was bleeding so much I had to go to hospital then I had surgery.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Urologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

how where these vessels cauterized? through the penis through a cystoscopy procedure? is in the prostate or the bladder which is bleeding?

are you having blood in your urine?

if you have blood in your urine, that is our bladder which is bleeding, and not your prostate.