Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I was wondering what would cause frequent urination and a

Customer Question

I was wondering what would cause frequent urination and a little pain
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

How long have you had these symptoms?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Little over 24 hours
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

These are symptoms of a urinary tract infection. You need to get in to see your doctor for a urine culture and you'll likely need to be started on antibiotics to treat this. Hope this helps and let me know of you have questions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I took a home uti test and it said negative and I took a keytone test and that was normal and a urinalysis strips and all of that was normal besides my ph was at a 7.0
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't have pain when I pee I only have pressure above it and then when I go it's not there
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

If it's not a urine infection, then this may be bladder spasms from a condition called overactive bladder. You should see your doctor to consider a prescription of a medication called oxybutynin to see if this stops your symptoms.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't afford a doctor right now or a emergency room visit I'm not working at the time
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just want to rule out that it's not anything to do with diabetes
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

The only way you can tell if this is severe diabetes is to see if there is glucose on your urine dipstick. If there is, then this is likely diabetes

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My urine stick for glucose was good what can I do at home for this cause like I said I have no insurance not working can't afford a doctor or a er visit
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

You can take some over the counter cranberry supplement to see if this goes away. A UTI that was not detected on your urine dipstick is still the most likely cause of the acute onset of these symptoms

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is that ok to take with a thyroid problem and taking meds with it
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

Yes. It would be perfectly safe. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How much do I take
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

Every formulation is different. Just follow the direction on the box when you buy it

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
all this could just be a minor one that didn't detect cause all I have is frequent urination some pressure and some cramping
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

Yes. That is correct