Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I'm a 55 yr old male and have had recent pain in one of my

Customer Question

I'm a 55 yr old male and have had recent pain in one of my testicles during ejaculation. The pain goes away and only occurs during this time. I want to see a doctor but should I see a urologist? Is this prostate related?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

Yes, a urologist would be the appropriate doctor to see for this issue. This sounds like you may have a possible infection or inflammation in the testicles or even the prostate. It could possibly be related to prostatitis. They will need to do a urine culture in a prostate exam to see if you have any signs of infection that may need to be treated with antibiotics. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.