Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

A couple months ago I started coming up with rashes and bump

Customer Question

Hello,A couple months ago I started coming up with rashes and bump on my penis so anyways got it checked out and it come back as ballantitis I havnt had sex with any new sexual partners and have a couple new marks come up which I just wanted to make sure we're OK
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also had a full screen sti test end of November all
Come back negative
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a photo of the bumps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I stretch the skin out seem to be a rash more than a bump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could this just be skin irritation ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also the head of the penis foreskin isn't the easiest to pull back sometimes
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This looks like an inflammatory condition called balanoposthitis. You should see your doctor for an exam and they can prescribe a topical steroid cream called betamethasone to help this go away. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this condition serious ? Is this simular to Ballantis, I have a steroid cream right now called daktakort
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The correct steroid to use is betamethasone. This is not a serious condition, t is highly treatable. Hope this helps and please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will leave best feedback thanks:) I got the cream yesterday, a similar red mark has appeared on the forskin no pain or itchiness just a another red mark, is there anything I can do to stop these or will the cream in time stop them of coming out ?RegardsDave
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The cream is what will stop this from coming back. It will take several weeks for this to heal.