khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I am having a severe problem with my blood pressure. I am on

Customer Question

I am having a severe problem with my blood pressure. I am on diuretic (hydrocholorizide 50 mg) with potassium sparing drug and emuapril ACE inhibitor but I continue to feel like I have a lot of water retention. I changed the ACE to Isproapril yesterday and still have the same problem plus I feel horrible.I urinate almost constantly but feel like my bladder isn't empty. When I fill a container with the urine it looks totally clear. I'm still thinking this rise in blood pressure has to do with water retention and the bladder though. Is this possible?
Category: Urology
Expert:  khagihara replied 10 months ago.

You could have overactive bladder. You should see your doctor and ask him/her to refer a urologist to have exam and tests.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is not common for me and has only been happening since my blood pressure went so very high. I want to know if it's possible to have a bladder infection and the urine still be clear.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm trying to get to the reason for the high blood pressure.

I think it is less likely that is due to a bladder infection. It could be due to hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you saying the di¨retic could cause the high blood pressure or would it be the clear urine.

It would cause the clear urine. It makes you urinate constantly. You should see your doctor to have a urine test at first although the infection is less likely. If there is no infection, you should see a urologist to check the urine volume in the bladder after urination to see if there is urine more than normal in the bladder or not. Depending on the result, the doctor will do further tests such as checking the bladder function.