Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Y, issue regarding pink urine
, Noticed some pink urine

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Dr. Y, issue regarding pink urine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Noticed some pink urine in the toilet about 3 months ago, and it happened again on saturday afternoon. Dont have any other symptoms.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Urology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: wil do
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Are you make or female? How old are you? Do you have pain with urination? Do you smoke?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, male 46 years old, no pain, never smoked.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a history of kidney stones?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Y, you still alive? :)
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, sorry for the delay. Blood in the urine can be an indication of a prostate infection, prostate cancer, kidney stones, or tumors of the kidneys, ureters, or bladder. This is why it is important to get in to see a urologist to have a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis done and cystoscopy to rule out the stones and cancerous causes. While the cancerous causes are not likely, they should not be missed and this is why this evaluation is very important. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks....
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.