Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have been becoming very concerned about my semen quality.

Customer Question

Hi Doctor,
Today, I noticed that my semen was semi white in colour, slightly thick, and a bit watery. Is this abnormal? I am becoming concerned as I have been reading a lot about infertility these days.
FYI, I have masturbated many times in the past (almost daily). But, i have been controlling myself to twice or trice a week.
Kindly advise.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

No. This is not of concern. The more you masturbate, the clearer your semen gets due to dilution. The description of your seamen is completely normal. There is nothing to worry about. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Doctor, however, two things to ask:

1) Not sure if it was thick - it was a bit watery, and gluish

2) the semen quantity was smaller.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, these are both signs that we see and man who frequently masturbate. There's nothing wrong at all with the quality of your semen. Hope this helps. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.